No Bailout! Make One Call.
Call the US Capitol. Ask to speak to your Congressman or Senator - and tell them...
NO BAILOUT! NO BLANK CHECK!
Forward this email on to your friends.
George Bush is demanding a blank check.
Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson is demanding a $700 billion bailout of Wall Street.
And Democrats in Congress must deliver both by Friday, September 26, they say – or else.
To which Democrats should respond: No, no, no!
We gave Bush a blank check after September 11. We gave him another blank check for the war in Iraq. We’re not going to give him another one now, for Wall Street.
Let Democrats tell the President: No Blank Check and no Bailout. Unless….Unless there’s some real relief included for working Americans…And unless there are some tough new rules for Wall Street.
* No CEO of a company we bail out should be able to make more than the President of the United States.
* No golden parachutes for executives of Lehman Brothers, Freddie, Fannie, Merrill-Lynch, or AIG.
* Homeowners about to lose their homes should get their mortgages bought down to a level they can afford.
* There must be new limits on how much interest banks can charge on credit cards.
* And a percentage of bail-out funds should go to states and cities for new construction projects and new jobs.
And that’s just for starters.
If Congress is going to bail anybody out, they must bail out all Americans – not just the crooks on Wall Street.
Forward this email to your friends!
The Bill Press Show airs live weekday mornings, from 6-9 AM ET. Visit us online at http://www.billpressshow.com.